This is the long-awaited sequel to the Toontrack New York Studios Legacy series, dedicated to filming the best studios in the New York area. Recorded at renowned Avatar studios and featuring several vintage and custom kits, this session is best described as a prequel to the popular core library of the excellent Toontrack drummer, also recorded at Avatar studios by the same team, duo engineer Neil Dorfsman and Pat Thrall along with drummer Nir Z.
Avatar Studios is known for having one of the best acoustic recording environments in the world, and has received several industry awards. Since its inception in the 1970s, bands and artists such as Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Journey, Kings of Leon and The Clash have taken part in it.
The drums were recorded through the Neve 8068 console and signal chains of modern and old studio equipment by a team of engineers / drummers who have many years of experience working behind the console and in the tracking room. Between them, they worked with artists covering the entire gamut of genres, from classical rock (Kiss, Meatloaf, Bruce Springsteen) to soul (Joss Stone, John Mayer) and contemporary pop music (Beyonce, Katy Perry).
• Recorded in the legendary Avatar Studios in New York City
• 18 GB of raw, unprocessed drum sounds recorded through Neve, Pultec and GML signal chains
• Three (3) full kits (Ludwig, Slingerland, Rogers) and additional snares
• Several setups of different cymbals
• Included MIDI library played by session drummer Nir Z
• Included presets for instant mix-ready sounds