TAL-DAC is not ordinary bit Crusher or plug for downsampler plugin based on engine sound TAL-Sampler emulates the recording and frequency down-sampling and changing the bit value or increasing its sampling rate to a desired host..
You can choose different algorithms for the upsampling process to emulate the characteristics of different samplers. The pass-through shelving EQ along with the AMP Drive in the Reconstruction section will give the sonic character of various AMP samplers. This plugin can be used on a wide range of audio material, but is especially useful and authentic on drum sounds.
• Recording stage with input volume control and soft clipper (adds odd harmonics).
• Variable recording sample rate (1000Hz-44100Hz).
• Variable recording bit-depth (4bit-16bit) with different algorithms (mu-law, mu-law delta, linear).
• Reconstruction section with different reconstruction methods (hold, variable, linear, S1000 / sinc).
• Very steep reconstruction filters (optional).
• AMP drive (add’s even and odd harmonics to the signal).
• A high- and low shelf filter (12dB).
• All non-linear components are 8x oversampled to avoid aliasing.
• Native apple M1 support.
• Minor bug fixes.
• VST3 installer for windows.
• Linux VST3 support.
• Linux dot folder for settings and factory presets. Linux user need to enter the serial number again after that update. Also they maybe delete the old settings folder in the user directory and move the presets to the new one.