Newest member of the DDMF family: please warmly welcome Envelope! The creation of this true stereo reverb effect began with the observation that somehow, whenever I used one of the existing reverb plug-ins, the sound was never “there”: many of them sounded pretty good when used with solo vocals or an instrument track, but in a mixed context, I would quickly end up with some turbidity at a lower frequency and / or too intrusive reverb effect around 5k-7k, where these nasty syllables usually make themselves heard.
Thus, the goal was to create something that added air, never sounding harsh, creating a rich three-dimensional impression, without losing the smallest details of the stereo field, while remaining light enough on the processor so that it could be used ad lib in a real mixing context. Well, with all modesty, I think that the goal was achieved: Envelop from the very early stage of its development became my go-to-reverb plugin, and now it is finally ready to become yours! And it not only sounds great, but also looks fantastic, thanks to the invaluable interface design skills of the one and only Mr. Marek Zaris.
• Zero-delay reverb algorithm with 8 simulated stereo environments
• Size and depth control for full control over individual algorithms
• Switching between exponential (“natural”) and linear attenuation (longer, more dreamy / darker)
• Equalizer controls for low and high frequencies
• Control stereo width: from full stereo to fully mono
• Processed / dry balance
• 30 beautiful presets to get you started