stereo pitch shifter using three different algorithms: the “vintage” mode (the original Discord algorithm modeled on Eventide H910 and H949), the “pure” mode for more modern pitch encryption, and the “granular” mode for experimental effects.
Each mode has its own advantages, depending on the input signal; as a result, Discord 4 has a wide range of possibilities. Algorithms P1 and P2 have full control over the size of the buffer (window) effect shift, for fine-tuning the offset of the incoming signal, or for innovative sound effects. With an extreme shift range of six octaves, there may be overlapping spectra and the appearance of artifacts with this control. Discord 4 is not designed to fine-tune material – it is a tool for sound design and specific effects in the style of Eno, Visconti, Bowie, or Dirty Mind-era Prince.
• Three different Vintage, Clean, and Granular algorithms to get different pitch encryption results;
• controlled buffer size in P1 (Vintage) and P2 (Clean) algorithms for finer offset adjustment;
• delay effect: synchronized to the tempo or free with reverse delay (feedback, cross-feedback) and a complex band-pass filter;
• modulation: Discord4 has a pair of LFOs that can modulate the delay time, the amount of pitch shift and the center frequency of the filter;
• true stereo operation: Discord4 creates a true stereo signal path, with completely independent control over each side.